Friday, May 31, 2013

Overlapping Dynamics



Well, today was an adventure! And by "adventure"... I mean nothing shy of a circus. My day began bright and early at 5:45am when little Mr. N decided that if the sun was up, he needed to be too. But, he rises just like the sun, bright and cheerful! He is now 8 months old and sporting his 24 month onesies. But every inch and pound of him is happy, smiley and fun! Anyway, By 6 am I had squeezed in a shower and was getting him a bottle and the rest of the house breakfast. My dynamics currently consist of my 9 and 6 year old girls, my 4 and 3 year old boys and our 3 foster kiddos 2 years, 1 year and 8 months. However, we were asked to watch the precious twins we fostered from birth to 4 months old (who are now 5 months old) from today until Sunday. Heck yes! We miss those precious babies! So, by 8am I had 9 kids (7 of them 4 and under!) Ummm, yup, I called in for some back up. By 8:30am my awesome baby sitter, Lexi was at my door! Between her and I we made it through the day and I must say, WE ROCKED IT! There was plenty of diapers, feedings and fun- but overall, it was a great day! Lex... you rock! By 2:30pm two of our foster babies were heading off to visit their soon to be adoptive parent for the weekend so... I was back down to my norm of 7 kiddos. All I can say is that if I wasn't prayed up, I know that this day would not have been as blessed, fun and manageable as it was. So, thank you God for your strength, peace and using me to love on the 9 kids you brought into my home (via birth, adoption, and fostering)!!!I must say that I have found, through definite trial and error, that putting my own desires and self aside and pouring into the lives of others is the way I choose to live my everyday and the true key to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment