Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Year Older


Today I turn 31. It's funny because last year I dreaded turning 30!! It just sounded SO old. However, it ended up being the HARDEST year of my life and worth every second of it. I have grown mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically! Every tear, pain, hurtle and trial brought me closer to God, my husband, and my family... in a genuine way. I struggled with self worth, people pleasing, and knowing God beyond the rules and regulations I thought I was to uphold. Now, I walk through stores and restaurants with my 7 littles knowing I am stared at like a freak and... smiling, knowing that my hearts desire is being lived out through foster care and adoption and I accredit that to no one else but God and his work in my life.  I look forward to spending my 31st year with the amazing friends and family, by my side, that have been my rocks, support and prayer warriors. I thank God for everyone in my life, the precious foster babies, an awesome church family, and the blessings and opportunities that still lie ahead. Dealing, healing and growing was worth every painful second and I thank God he brought me to that point in my life, despite the mistakes and pain it took to get me there! I pray that if you are struggling... you don't wait another day to deal. There is never a "right time" or even a "good time".... because, either way, its going to SUCK! But, I would much rather live life with a genuine smile on my face then live it like I was, smiling on the outside and falling apart FAST on the inside. Don't get me wrong, I struggle! I have days where I feel like I am falling apart again. However, knowing where I was (at the bottom and ready to call it quits on life) in comparison to where I am today-I KNOW I have what it takes. Its a daily battle worth fighting and the struggles just makes me that much stronger in the end. So, here is to another wonderful year filled with hurtles, hardships, babies, blessings, trials, tests, love, life, smiles, friends and family! Bring on 31!

No comments:

Post a Comment