Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rockin' The Variety Show!



Aivahlis participated in her school variety show yesterday. She tried out with about 60 other children and made it into the show of 20 kids. You go girl!!! She chose one of my (more recently) favorite songs- "Gold" by Britt Nicole. This song is a daily reminder to remember how amazing you are despite you circumstances, what others tell you, or even what you tell yourself! This is a daily struggle for most young girls and that is mainly because ... their mothers struggle with the same thing. We, as adults, don't want to seem "proud" or even "conceited" so we assume it's normal for us to be hard on ourselves. Yet, on the flip side, we want our children to know AND believe how amazing they are! Well, you got to practice what you preach because as the saying goes, "actions speak louder than words!" This has been a HUGE challenge for me personally. I tell me girls how smart, kind, and beautiful they are, that God made them to ROCK this world for Him... NOW and everyday. So guess what- I tell myself the same thing and do my best, daily, to stand firm on that!!! I pray for you, your children, myself, and my children that you know and believe that you are worth MORE than gold!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment