Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11

"11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

     This verse has been on repeat in my head since Sunday, after hearing it in church. I believe that God has amazing plans for myself, and my family. However, I struggle so bad with having patience in His timing. I have friends struggling and in my mind they should have been healed months ago. I have a daughter with anxiety and I have given that to God, over and over again. But, on the other hand, if everything came together as we saw fit, when we saw fit... where would FAITH come in to play?! Why would we need to rely on God?!

     Today, I decided that, despite how I feel, things should pan out... I will let go of the reins and let God take care of my loved ones, my heart, my mind, and whatever lies ahead for my family. After all, who better to trust than the one who has plans to give me hope and a future!? One who already knows what lies ahead for me?!
Plans
   Well, that being said, I will share some things on my mind that I am giving to God. For starters, I received notice from my case manager that our foster care license has been submitted to the state. As soon as it is officially processed we can being to take in children! So, the timing of all that... it's Gods now, not mine! Also, I have been struggling with feeling "lonely" the past couple weeks. I know that God has brought me to a place to be reliant upon him. Its just some days, with Him not physically by my side, that it becomes the hardest. But, again, that is where faith comes in to play... He knows the plans he has for me. Besides, in a few weeks when our family grows and I begin to do some college courses... I will probably be praying to feel a little bit "lonely"! ;-) Another thing I am giving to God is a woman, in Phoenix... she has been living as a prostitute and crack addict for many years. She is currently carrying twins and is due this month. Not only does my heart break for those babies and their health, but also for this mama. There was a long road of pain and self worthlessness that led her to where she is at! I give, to God, those babies and their mother... He has healing, a plan and a  purpose for all three of them! And, last but not least, I have been praying for some friends that have been weighing heavy on my heart. When a person means so much to you it is easy to want to have those "magic words" for them or to want to just step up, play God, and "fix" it all for them. But... today, they too are in Gods hands. If I had the ability to patch up the pieces they need help with, I would, but  I would also be robbing them of the work God is doing in their life and the lesson that they will have learned when all is said and done. In giving them to God, I know He "knows the plans He has for them" and that they far exceed anything I could conjure up for them. 
   So, along with me, take some time and give, to God, whatever it is that is weighing you down today. What can it hurt to let Him have a go at it?! If nothing less, now its His and you can just sit back and see what He can do with it!

1 comment: