Saturday, December 29, 2012

God is blowing me away!

   Well, I have not posted anything in a while, but the funny thing is that my last actual post was on "giving it to God" and that just why I have not had time to blog... He is answering prayers and moving faster than I can keep up! I had decided to give to God the timing of our foster care relicensing , the health and birth of twins in phoenix that I had become aware of, and my daughters anxiety. Well... all I can say is, when God moves in such a way that it just leaves you speechless, it really can make you feel like a fool for all the hours you spend stressing and worrying about it! Guilty! Anyway, lets get at trying to relay the short version of a long story.
   A few days before Christmas I received a call from a friend regarding twins being born that we had decided we would foster. However, the big ol' problem was... we were not even licensed yet to do so. Well, I hung up with her and immediately contacted our awesome licensing worker, Carrie, to update her on the news and to see where we were at in the whole process. I told her, "I know that this is all in Gods hands because we have done all we can on our parts and all we can do is sit and wait for papers to process and be approved." Her response is what blew my mind! She said, "well, funny you should call because I was out the other day and when I got in this morning and checked my email I see that your license was approved yesterday! There are families in front of you waiting and yours cleared!?" And this is where I got goose bumps and could simply laugh! Really God?! Talk about timing! We had no control over our license nor did we have control when those babies would arrive. But, God did and in giving it to Him, He rocked it! And, let me throw in there that my 9 year old that really struggles with anxiety (which breaks my heart) is also baby OBCESSED! She has been so excited about these little ones coming into our home that she is less anxious and more of her old fun loving self! Babies are like medicine to her little heart! So, this week we will be taking on twins, and expanding both our family... and our vehicle! All though driving a 12 passenger van is far from a dream... loving on babies that need it and showing them and my children the unconditional love that Christ has shown me, for sure is!!! So here's to the 6 kids (half of them being under 3), passenger van and many sleepless nights that are awaiting me in the week ahead! If God has proven Himself awesome just in the past week alone... who am I to doubt the incredible plan he has for my family and I!?
Gods plan


No comments:

Post a Comment