Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Our family is growing!

 We received a call from our adoption worker. This means 2 of our foster kiddos are officially an "adoption case"! Time for more paper work, time for more state visits, time to start planning a big ol' adoption celebration and time to start grieving. Wait... did I say grieving?! Yup. A midst the celebrations, the joy, the excitement, the anticipation there is a little boy grieving the loss of his mother. You see, she didn't die, however, she did abandon him and his sister almost a year ago. He prays she is safe, that she is alive, and that some day... she can hold him just one more time! The 2 little ones we are beyond blessed to be adopting are a bright blue eyed 18 month old girl and her affectionate and emotional 7 year old brother. He blames himself that him and his sister were abandoned. He believes that he is failing his mom because he can not keep her safe right now ("I am her son, that's my job!")
 I am thrilled beyond words to have been chosen, by God, to be the forever family for these 2 little sweethearts. I can not wait for the day that the courts make official what we have known in our hearts from day one! But my heart also aches for the brokenness in this little man, knowing that "forever family" to him really does mean forever! The life that was his for 6 years, that abruptly came to a close, is now, forever, gone. My heart aches as I hold him and he sobs for his mom, all I can do is cry with him. I am so blessed to have this boy call me mommy... but know full well that his birth mother will always have his heart! Despite the abuse, neglect and whatever else came his way, he does, and always will love her. 
 So, today officially begins our road to adoption... our joyous, blessed, exciting, grief stricken, prayer filled road
                      ...TO FOREVER.


Think about it all the time.... Forever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment